Tuesday, November 1, 2016

It's 5 o'clock somewhere

It was a cold and uncomfortable morning in more than one way. I awoke to a startling sound of a women, shouting orders to those similar of a drill sergeant. As I glanced at my clock, I could not help but shrug because the sun was just now beginning to rise... a sign it was far too early for me to be awake. Not to mention I had been previously disturbed by a similar occurrence around 5 am.

I decided to ignore it and move on with my morning. I closed the window which originally contributed to my insomnia, feeling the cold breeze brush past me. Suddenly, I heard a sharp knocking at the door, which startled me so much I let the grip of my window panel go and it came crashing down...leaving behind a powerful bang. Great! Now whoever is at the door knows I'm here.

"Hello?" a delicate voice echoed from beyond the wooden door. As I glared through the peep hole, I saw a women with golden hair tied back in a bun, wearing glasses and a beautiful pearl necklace, setting me up for the impression she must be a stranger to this building. "I'm Maggie Walsh from Southern Living and I'd love to ask a few questions!". Slowly, I opened my door...allowing the creaking to fill the silence. Followed behind her was a group of reporters...surely coming to disrupt my peace of mind.

As I sat on my sofa surrounded by flashing lights, cameras, microphones and strangers looking at me as though I was an exhibit at a museum, I couldn't help but begin to sweat and excessively shake. Maggie must have noticed because she began asking me questions.

"Do you have an at home feel when you come to the Victorian Ms. Mikealson?". I wondered how she knew my name. "I suppose...after all, I do live here" I said. She giggled and jotted down notes...surely more than I just told her. My eyes wondered and I noticed a crew member taking pictures of my room. Suddenly, his eyes darted to my turquoise necklace. As he began to reach for it... I quickly darted from my seat, nearly knocking the coffee table over.

"Please don't touch that" I yelled. I grabbed it off my white bed side stand and swiftly placed in my t-shirt pocket. I could see the interest spark in the reporters eyes and I knew then that I just got myself in a bad situation for curiosity.



No comments:

Post a Comment